I am delighted to announce that my book The Real Napoleon - The Untold Story has just been released as a PAPERBACK and as a new second edition KINDLE version. Both incorporate a totally new Appendix of 6,000 words making 80,000 words in both cases.
For details of the paperback version please go to:-
The front cover of the book (and the same cover is used in the Kindle version) shows a young Napoleon in Egypt in a painting by Gerome at the the dawn of his amazing career. I added the starburst using Gimp to signify the Enlightenment and Napoleon's love of knowledge.
On the back cover is a portion of Earnest Croft's superb The Evening at Waterloo (1879). Here the redoubtable Old Guard try to stem the tide after the arrival of the Prussians and the retreat of the Middle Guard repelled by Wellington's men who had been able to consolidate their forces after those 45,000 Prussians came to their aid. Once more I have Gimped in a starburst - in this case it serves both as a shellburst and as a symbol of sunset as Napoleon's fabulous Empire drew to a close.
1. THE REAL NAPOLEON
2. NAPOLEON'S ACTS OF GENEROSITY AND KINDNESS
3. ENGLAND'S WARS AGAINST NAPOLEON
4. ENGLAND'S UNLIKELY HERO - NAPOLEON
5. COIGNET OF THE GUARD: PART ONE
6. COIGNET OF THE GUARD: PART TWO
7. COIGNET OF THE GUARD: PART THREE
8. COIGNET OF THE GUARD: PART FOUR
9. COIGNET OF THE GUARD: PART FIVE
10. NAPOLEON AND RUSSIA
11. MARCH OR DIE: THE RETREAT OF 1812
12. ASHES TO ASHE: VOLCANOES AND NAPOLEON
13. NAPOLEON AND THE ENGLISH PRESS GANG
14. THIS SEPTIC ISLE: BRITAIN IN THE EARLY C19TH
15. NAPOLEON THE TAMBORA ERUPTION AND WATERLOO
16. HAIRSAY AND HERESY: THE MURDER OF NAPOLEON
The book is dedicated to the memory of Ben Weider
the founder of the International Napoleonic Society
C. January 2013 John Tarttelin
FINS (Legion of Merit)